This is the privacy statement for Broadgate Homes Limited. Please read carefully and only use our site and/or complete our Reservation form if you agree to our use of information relating to you in accordance with this privacy statement.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to protecting you and your family's personal data and information. This policy applies to any/all personal data and information that we collect from you. This policy covers how we:
· Destroy or remove your personal data/information
· How you can contact us
Please read carefully and by using any of our websites and any services we offer via our websites, you are agreeing to the processing of your data as set out below. We occasionally use your data to provide additional marketing services you will always have the option to opt out. Further information relates to this in Section 6 (Contacting you for marketing purposes).
INTRODUCING BROADGATE HOMES LTD
Within this policy Broadgate Homes Ltd refers to and also covers the following brands:
· Broadgate Builders (Spalding) Ltd
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and we comply with all data protection laws, which includes:
· The Data Protection Act 1998
· The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
· Any regulations made under or that supplement either of the above which relates to any personal data/information we collect about you.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We may collect personal information when you:
· Visit or access any of our websites or platforms
· Contact us by methods including but not limited to: Telephone, Email, SMS, Letter or any other form of messaging
· Visit any of our developments or offices
· Complete any of our website forms requesting services or further information
· Access information about any of our developments and/or new homes via a Third Party provider, eg, property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla or others
· Whenever you enter into any transaction with ourselves, either in person or any other way
· If you request any information from ourselves with the intention or view of entering into a transaction with ourselves
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION WE WILL HOLD INCLUDE:
· Your name
· Your postal and/or correspondence address
· Your email address
· Any telephone numbers, including mobile numbers
· Your use of our website
· The purpose of your visit to our sales office, website or any reason you made contact with us.
This policy also covers our use of any of your personal information whether it has been provided to us in person, via telephone, email, SMS, website forms, social media or any property portals or any other form of correspondence.
REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Sometimes it will be necessary for you to provide further personal information to us. This may be if you are considering or are purchasing a property from us, or if you ask us to contact you with further information relating to properties or developments that are of interest to you. Whenever we do this we will tell you why we are collecting this information and how we will use it.
If you contact us online we may monitor the type of device you have used. This may include specific identification, including your IP address.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED?:
We do not sell customer's personal data and information to any third parties and will only use your personal information to provide you with details of our own products, including properties/developments which we believe will be of interest to you. On occasion we may use your information to do the following:
· Contact you – If you have given indication or shown a specific interest in a property/properties or development or an area that we have properties/developments available or coming available.
· Provide a relevant service – If you have contacted us for a specific purpose or accessed any of our websites and completed a website form and not opted out, we will take into account the preferences you have made for specific properties, property style/type or location. If you do not want to receive this personal service you can opt out and unsubscribe from receiving any emails or contact from us. (Section 10 of this policy relates further to this)
· Tailor our service to your location – On occasion and with your permission, we may use your IP addresses and any device identifiers to identify your location and use this information for general statistical purposes only. We may use this information to direct you to specific developments/properties within your location/area.
· Improve our service – We may on occasion provide information to third parties for research and analytical purposes in order that we can improve any and all services we offer to you.
WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you:
· For legitimate purposes as aligned with our contracts
· In relation to previous communication from you, including any comment or complaint concerning us, our properties or developments, services offered or any previous contact we may have had from you.
· If you requested any further information or signed up to any product, property or development, either directly through us or through any third party provider, such as any property portals.
· If you have expressed an interest in a specific property, development or product.
· To provide you with any additional information that concern or relate to a specific property/development, type/style of property/development or similar properties/developments that you have expressed an interest in.
· For marketing purposes, if you have chosen to receive any service from us by completing one of our website forms and not opted out/unsubscribed, in accordance with this policy (Further information relates to this in Section 6
CONTACTING YOU FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We will only contact you for marketing purposes via telephone, email or SMS if you have agreed to this or where you have requested a service from us and not opted out/unsubscribed. You can easily unsubscribe from any of these options/sources at any time.
We will deem a service request to be by any of the following means:
· Arrange a viewing – To request a viewing, whereby we will call you to arrange a suitable time for an appointment for you to visit one of our developments.
· Call back/messages left – When you have requested we call you back to find out further information relating to one or more of our developments/'properties.
· Download a brochure/further information request – when you request to download a brochure or ask for further information about any of our developments/properties.
· Registration – when you register your details on our website with a view to store your searches etc.
· To keep me informed – when you ask us to keep you updated on any future development/property.
INFORMATION ABOUT TELEPHONE CALLS/EMAILS OR SMS
We offer regular information by telephone and email or SMS communication concerning our properties or developments.
TAILORING OUR SERVICE TO YOU
We may personalise our communications to you based upon the information you provide to us and the information we obtain when you have used our platforms.
We do not allow any of the information we hold about you to be used for advertising purposes or contact from any third parties. However, if you show an interest in a specific property property/development or type of property/development via a third party website, such as a property portal, this is outside of our remit as we have no control over any other parties contacting you.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION PRIVATE
Your information will be kept private and confidential at all times, except where we are obliged/permitted to share it with any third parties by law (eg Law Enforcement, Government bodies, Agencies and similar)
We will retain your information within our group of companies except for the following:
· At your request – if you have requested that we share the information with you or have given your permission.
· To fulfil our contractual/similar obligations to you – e.g. in relation to any property you are in the course of purchasing or have purchased from us, or which you had previously sought to purchase from us, which could include:
· Solicitors – your solicitors or other advisers for the purpose of progressing a sale or dealing with any issues that you may have.
· Third party – for the purposes of carrying out a survey in relation to your experience with us.
· Consultant or Contractor – who may be appointed to carry out/required to carry out work to a property you have purchased.
· Advisers in connection with any contract or transaction entered into with us for the purposes of performance of our obligations.
· For statistical or similar analysis in relation to purchase or use of our properties, products any services we provide.
KEEPING YOU UPDATED
When you enter into a contract with us we will set out as comprehensively as possible, the purposes for which we may use your personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you and address any issues highlighted relating to our performance.
We will destroy any personal information/data when required or requested by yourself and although we do not share any of your personal information, we may on occasion use suitable and accredited third party organisations specifically for the purpose of destroying or deleting any personal data held.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT TO WHO WE CAN CONTACT?
If you are under the age of 18 years, you should obtain your parents or guardians permission/consent before contacting us. It is unlikely that we will be able to provide you with any information which may assist you until your reach the age of 18 years (due to the legal obligations you will need to enter into when purchasing a property)
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
This will depend upon the purpose or the amount of time as set out in your contact you enter into with us.
· Purchasing a property – If you enter into a contract with us to purchase a property, we will hold your information for a maximum of 10 years from completion of the purchase.
· Anti-money laundering – To fulfil our legal obligations, any personal information you provide to us to fulfil anti-money laundering obligations will be retained for period of 5 years.
· If you contact us regarding any of our properties or developments or any services provided, whether received directly or by a third party, we will retain your personal information until whichever of the following happens first:
· You request that we delete your information held. We will need to retain a record of this request.
· A maximum of 2 years from the last date of contact. If we have not heard from you within this time either directly or by a third party, relating to any of our properties or developments, we will remove your details from our systems.
DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA "RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN"
It is your right to request the deletion of your personal data from our records, except (as per the above in section 9) if it is necessary for us to perform our legal obligations or contractual obligations to you or a third party.
KEEPING YOUR DETAILS ACCURATE
You have the right to ask us to rectify/amend any personal data we hold about you which is either inaccurate or incomplete.
SENDING A REQUEST
A request for the deletion or amendment/correction of personal data should be addressed to the sales office or to Broadgate Homes Ltd Head Office at the registered address, or via email on email@example.com
Please note, that while we will always strive to comply with all and any requests made, we cannot guarantee to action any request for deletion or correction of your personal information/data if it not made using any of the above mentioned methods.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Within reason, we will aim to make anonymous and/or delete any personal data/information we hold in relation to you. With digital or computer records we cannot guarantee that every trace or record of your personal data will be removed but we will remove and delete as far as reasonably possible for us to do so.
THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
FINDING OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD
Under the current Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of any personal information/data we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies amended and corrected.
We do not make a charge for such a request but we may ask you to provide evidence of your identity before we search our records (see below). At this time, we will endeavour to provide this information to you within 40 days of the request date and upon establishment of your identity.
IDENTIFICATION WE ACCEPT:
· Driving Licence
· Birth or marriage certificate
· Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
· Bank statement (dated within the last 3 months)
· Rent statement/tenancy agreement (covering the last 3 months)
If we have previously established your identity and it matches the information you provide, this may be sufficient for the purposes of actioning your request. If you have not previously provided us with identification, we may require you to provide a copy of any of the documentation as listed above before we can process your request.
Any charges and periods of time in which we are able to action any requests may alter by law, in which case this policy will be amended.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions relating to our privacy and cookies policy please contact us at Broadgate Homes Ltd Head office at the registered address or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESSING OUR PLATFORMS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie contains a small amount of data and typically a unique identifier, so that when you access any of our websites or platforms (including those of third party providers), a cookie will be sent to your device. The cookie records information about your online preferences and allows us to tailor our websites to contact you with specific interests based upon your searches.
The information we obtain by monitoring all visits to our websites enables us to improve (through anonymous analysis) our services to our customers and visitors.
Your web browser may also provide us with information relating to your device, such as an IP address or details about the browser you are using, which may enable us to use your location to ensure that any web pages or communications are tailored to you.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU ARE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR COOKIES SETTINGS TO CONTROL ACCESS TO ANY DEVICE YOU ARE USING.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES
We cannot control any information about other websites, other than those operated by us and you must refer to the terms and conditions and privacy policies for those websites.
We may look to release mobile applications to complement specific developments. Use of these mobile applications is set out in the terms and conditions and you will need to accept these before loading and accessing the app on your device.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may make changes and update our privacy and cookies policy from time to time and in accordance with any updated legislations. Any such changes will be shown here as part of our privacy and cookies policy and will apply from the date they are published. We are unable to contact you directly to inform you of any such changes, other than in response to a specific request made to our Data Protection Manager.
CONTACTING US CONCERNING OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any contact you wish to make to us regarding this policy or how it works in practice should be directed to our Data Protection Manager, either in writing via post or email to the registered address:
Broadgate Homes Ltd